Trinity Methodist Church is a member of The Bahamas Conference of the Methodist Church.
The Methodist Church of the Bahamas was formed in July 1993 by an act of the Bahamas Parliament. For over 200 years, since 1800, our church was a part of the British Methodist Mission. In 1968 (one year later than the rest of the Caribbean Districts), The Bahamas District of Methodist Churches joined the Methodist Church in the Caribbean and the Americas (MCCA). In 1967 the Methodist Churches in The Caribbean and some countries in Central America had been granted autonomy by the British Methodist Conference. In 1990, The Bahamas District of the Methodist Church passed a Resolution in its January District Synod to move for self governance and autonomy. This was realized in 1993.
(Taken from the BCMC Website)
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
General Secretary: Deacon Elmena Bethell